Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Marius Kruger <am...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/16 16:35:18 UTC

cant get openejb3.2.x to build this week

I'm really struggling to build openejb3.2.x at the moment, it seems
like some snapshots disappeared from the repos,
or that there are depenencies on things that never existed.
Maybe I'm missing something or maybe everything will work once the new
javaee-api 6.0-1 gets pushed and openejb3.2 can use that..

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.openejb:javaee-api:jar:6.0-SNAPSHOT

I tried to build that manually too, but then it complains about
javaee-api-embedded.
Where can I checkout javaee-api-embedded these days?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project openejb-itests-client: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.openejb:openejb-itests-client:jar:3.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to
collect dependencies for
[org.apache.openejb:javaee-api-embedded:jar:6.0-SNAPSHOT (compile),
org.apache.openejb:openejb-itests-beans:jar:3.2.0-SNAPSHOT (compile),
org.apache.openejb:openejb-itests-servlets:jar:3.2.0-SNAPSHOT
(compile?), org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:jar:5.4.2 (compile),
junit:junit:jar:4.8.1 (compile),
org.apache.xbean:xbean-finder-shaded:jar:3.7 (compile)]: Failed to
read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.openejb:javaee-api-embedded:jar:6.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not
find artifact org.apache.openejb:deps:pom:4.0.0-20110915.173459-67 in
icu2_internal (http://icu2.enerweb.co.za/archiva/repository/internal/)
-> [Help 1]

--
<>< Marius ><>

Re: cant get openejb3.2.x to build this week

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 21, 2011, at 5:23 AM, Marius Kruger wrote:

> On 20 September 2011 06:46, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hacked on the build and it seems to be doing well.  Going to try staging a release to see if it works.
>
> thanks,
> let me know if I can help with anything to get a stable 3.2 out

Getting a 'mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true' to work would be great.  Not sure what it will take to do that.

Ultimately we need to get 'mvn release:prepare' and 'mvn release:perform' to work.

Without access to svn/nexus it might take some mocking to get it to go.  I wonder if the github version of the repo[1] is helpful.  Maybe with a github fork of the branch and a hacked apache-10.pom parent pom so it just deploys to the local file system could be enough to fake the eventual environment and get the build kinks worked out.

Basically 3.2 and 4.0 are the same build.  So what ever we work out for 3.2 will also greatly help with 4.0.

-David

[1] https://github.com/apache/openejb/tree/openejb-3.2.x

Re: cant get openejb3.2.x to build this week

Posted by Marius Kruger <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.