Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 04:52:17 UTC

On Monitor page, NameNode shows "Permission Denied"

I am running Accumulo on a Linode server. I can run the shell from the
ubuntu command line. It seems to work fine. All of the configuration
uses localhost. The Accumulo monitor page is available at
http://accumulo.affy.com:50095. If you visit, you'll see that the
NameNode section shows "Permission Denied" and the "Accumulo Master"
section is empty. Do you know what I could have configured
incorrectly?

Re: On Monitor page, NameNode shows "Permission Denied"

Posted by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.
You can overcome this limitation by using
the dfs.permissions.superusergroup setting in hdfs-site.xml. Just set it to
a group that Accumulo is part of (any anyone else you want to have access).
I usually use the "hadoop" group. The default value is "supergroup".

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
They should be using the values in the hadoop configuration files.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.