Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 18:53:37 UTC

correct? impossible to filter / facet on ExternalFileField

in our design some often changing fields would benefit from being defined as
ExternalFileFields, so we can index them more often than the rest.

However we need to filter and facet on them.
I don't think that this currently is possible with ExternalFileField but
just want to make sure.

if not possible, is it on the roadmap?

Thanks,
Britske

localSolr + collapse

Posted by "Nirkhe, Chandra" <Ch...@servicelive.com>.
Hi,
I am using localSolr with collapse. Query response gives two result sets
one generated by localSolr based on geo distance and other by collapsing
fields. How can I get combined result set?

SolrConfig.xml

<requestHandler name="geo"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
     <float name="tie">0.01</float>
    </lst>
    <lst name="invariants">
      <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
      <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
      <str name="facet">true</str>
      <str name="facet.mincount">1</str>
    </lst>
    <arr name="components">
	<str>collapse</str>
       <str>localsolr</str>
	<str>facet</str>
	<str>debug</str>
    </arr>
</requestHandler>

I am using solr 1.4 nightly build with collapse patch. Localsolr version
is 1.5

Query:
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=TV&qt=geo&collapse=true&collapse.fie
ld=resource_id&lat=41.883784&long=-87.637668&radius=100

Regards
Chandra

Re: correct? impossible to filter / facet on ExternalFileField

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Britske<gb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in our design some often changing fields would benefit from being defined as
> ExternalFileFields, so we can index them more often than the rest.
>
> However we need to filter and facet on them.
> I don't think that this currently is possible with ExternalFileField but
> just want to make sure.
>
> if not possible, is it on the roadmap?

You're right, it's not currently possible.
We don't have any official roadmap, but we've thought about updateable
fields (the other way to accomplish this sort of thing) and
faceting/searching on an external source like ExternalFileField.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com