Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Nelson, Robert D." <RD...@Mail.Donaldson.com> on 2002/08/05 20:40:29 UTC

Formal Apache Training

Hi,

I've been given the task of finding some type of formal training for
administering an Apache server.  I've never had any formal training, just
learn-as-you-go.  Unfortunately HR will not accept "read a book".  I've
spent hours scouring the web and I can't find anything.  Does anyone know of
any good classes and/or certification?

Thanks.

 ~ Robert

Re: Formal Apache Training

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
"Nelson, Robert D." wrote:

> I've been given the task of finding some type of formal training for
> administering an Apache server.

In addition to the resources already mentioned, I keep a list of
people who do this sort of thing.  You can send a message to the
list if you like and ask to be contacted.  See
<URL:http://Apache-Server.Com/opportunities.html>.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Formal Apache Training

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
You can try www.covalent.net (disclaimer, my employer)
I think Red Hat also offers some courses (may be specific to their Linux
distribution, not sure)
Rich Bowen, Apache member also offers some courses http://www.apacheadmin.com

Re: Formal Apache Training

Posted by Jack Nerad <jn...@cimedia.com>.
On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 14:40, Nelson, Robert D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been given the task of finding some type of formal training for
> administering an Apache server.  I've never had any formal training, just
> learn-as-you-go.  Unfortunately HR will not accept "read a book".  I've
> spent hours scouring the web and I can't find anything.  Does anyone know of
> any good classes and/or certification?

As you probably know, covalent makes a commercial version of Apache.
They also offer support and training for their product.  You might
consider talking to them to find out more about their courses.

http://www.covalent.net/services/training.php

--
Jack Nerad

Re: Formal Apache Training

Posted by John Darin Holloway <jd...@blue.net>.
http://www.learningtree.com/courses/541.htm is a class one of my coworkers
has taken, she seemed pleased with it.

John Darin Holloway
Web Developer and System Administrator
Bluegrass Network, LLC

Re: Formal Apache Training

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
My company, Cooper McGregor, offers training
courses. http://www.coopermcgregor.com/training/

I'll be back in the office after the 16th if you'd like to dcall to
discuss what you need. I think there's a phone number on the web site. I'm
in Paraguay for a few days, so won't b e answering email very reliably
during that time.

--
Rich Bowen