Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/05/29 19:35:19 UTC

[ACS][VMWARE][BUG?] job execution does not stop while zone, pod and cluster are disabled

Before I file this as a bug, I would like to understand if this is a bug or by-design.

Specific issue was witnessed with "ClusteredAgentManager setting public traffic over vSwitch: null", while technically it should have defaulted to vSwitch0.
If left uninterrupted, it will create the SSVM VM, fail to find vswitch null for public traffic,  delete storage VM, and repeat this procedure unlimited times.

On my attempt to disable Zone first, then pod, the cluster, has not prevented job execution engine from running. I had to put the primary storage into maintenance mode. While this approach technically stopped executions on vSphere vCenter, the SSVM id increased from count of 2, to count of 33 (once I resolved this issue by defining vSwtich0) - indicating that job execution still continued.

By design, when you disable cluster, should job execution stop or pause? What about Pod and Zone?

Re: [ACS][VMWARE][BUG?] job execution does not stop while zone, pod and cluster are disabled

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Disabling a zone should stop the systemVMs from re-spawning? Agree
that's probably less than ideal, but allows for taking corrective
action in the meantime.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

Re: [ACS][VMWARE][BUG?] job execution does not stop while zone, pod and cluster are disabled

Posted by Mice Xia <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.