Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/01 06:51:05 UTC

Re: Has anyone successfully populated Elastic Search properties from custom SharePoint Meta data fields?

Hi Mike,

The code all now builds, and the unit tests pass.  I don't know if it works
as a plugin, however.  And I haven't changed the jar packaging yet to
include the properties file.  I will try to look at that today at some
point.

Note well: I am building this new plugin against ES 2.0.2.  The reason I
chose this version is because I'm hoping to limit the number of plugin
versions we need to release, and this might be compatible with all of 2.x,
with luck.  If you can tell me which version of ES you want to use, I can
try building against that as a trial when the packaging work is done.

Note also that I've needed to make *no* functional changes to the
authorization code -- all the work has been in making the code function as
a proper plugin under 2.0.2.  If the plugin API changes between each
version of ES 2.x are as significant as the changes between 1.7 and 2.0,
and the release schedule of ES continues to be essentially one release
every couple of months, there is no way that ManifoldCF can possibly keep
up.  I think if that turns out to be the reality I'd recommend that we just
wrappers in the future.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, the packaging should now be updated as well.

Karl