Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/03/06 20:25:32 UTC

Request for an Apache Flume release with FLUME-2172

Hi flume devs,
We are planning to release Apache Bigtop 0.8[1]
<http://bigtop.apache.org>with Apache Hadoop 2.3.0. As you may already
know, Hadoop 2.1.0-beta bumped
up the version of Protobuf to 2.5 (from 2.4x). FLUME-2172 seems to make
Flume work with Protobuf 2.5. It would be great to have a release of Apache
Flume that is compatible with Protobuf 2.5 and Hadoop 2.1.0+. Can you
please let us know if that is in the works? And, if so, when can we expect
to see it?

Thanks in advance for your attention! Please let us know if there is
anything we can do to help.

Mark

1: bigtop.apache.org

Re: Request for an Apache Flume release with FLUME-2172

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Hari. That's great to hear!

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think the timing works perfectly for us - I don't see how we possibly can
wrap up 0.8.0 faster than that, considering the amount of the work planned for
it.

Cos

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.