Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by drunkenfist <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 09:31:10 UTC

Fetching HBase Region info for a particular table on a particular region server

Hi,

I'm kinda new to HBase API, so pardon me if the question seems very basic.

I wanted to know if I can fetch the region info of a particular table on a
particular region server. Basically I want to fetch the region size of a
table (say 't1') on a region server (say 'rs1').

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fetching HBase Region info for a particular table on a particular region server

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
If it didn't work, mind showing us the error ?

Posted by drunkenfist <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
      Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
      HTable table = new HTable(conf, tablename);

Posted by drunkenfist <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by drunkenfist <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted. Works just fine.

Re: Fetching HBase Region info for a particular table on a particular region server

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at HBASE-10413 Tablesplit.getLength returns 0

RegionSizeCalculator.java should give you what you need.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Take a look at Hannibal... Will help you a lot.

https://github.com/sentric/hannibal

JM

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Hey,

There is no dependency between region size and regionserver. Though regions
"map" to regionserver, they actually lie on HDFS. RS is just a virtual
entity that manages a bunch of regions.

So the easiest way to get the size of a region is to fetch it from HDFS?

- Bharath

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:13 PM, drunkenfist <su...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Divye, but wouldn't that fetch the storefilesize of all tables? I
> want
> the region size of a specific table, given the tablename and regionserver
> name.
>
> And are storefilesize and region size the same?
>
> Thanks.

Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: Fetching HBase Region info for a particular table on a particular region server

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.
I believe what you are looking for is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14573466/get-hbase-region-size-via-api

Thanks
Divye Sheth