Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bansalp <bp...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/05 10:40:43 UTC

Load balancing on a topic

Hi,

My use case is I have a producer producing on topicA and there are 10
consumer on it. I want 5 of them get message normally and for remaining 5
only one of them get this message.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality without making any broker side
change. Can this be achieved using selectors?

Thanks

Re: Load balancing on a topic

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
There is no direct way to accomplish what you have described.  The closest
solution is virtual topics; if the servers can be grouped so that only one
in each group needs the message, then they can do the job.

Otherwise, I recommend looking at camel as a way to achieve that end.