Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jonathan Duty <jd...@jonandkerry.com> on 2003/08/12 21:29:29 UTC

adding a module

The deployment/verification team may want to add a maven module soon.
How do we go about this?  Do we just contact a commiter?
Thanks in advance,
~Jonathan

Re: maven problem ?

Posted by Bodo Wippermann <bo...@bodow.de>.
yes you're right. now it works.

Re: maven problem ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
This is a strange one. I wonder if you hit a change in the build system
at a bad time. Wanna do a cvs update and try again? I just tried it and
it worked fine for me :)

The other thing it could be is sometimes the maven repository gets
messed up. In cases like this the jars in
~/.maven/repository/commons-logging/jars sometimes get corrupted. So
zapping those files and trying again might work.

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 08:40  pm, Bodo Wippermann wrote:

> sorry if it's wrong here,  but have a problem to build geronimo.
>
> when i simply call "maven" as suggested in the README i can't compile
> the
> java sources. when i change to modues/core, i can compile the sources
> an run
> the tests.
>
> following first part of the messages:
>
> bowi@dellpc12:~/apache-projects/incubator-geronimo> maven
>  __  __
> |  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
> | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
> |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-beta-10
>
> java:prepare-filesystem:
>
> java:compile:
>     [echo] Compiling to
> /home/bowi/apache-projects/incubator-geronimo/target/classes
>     [javac] Compiling 177 source files to
> /home/bowi/apache-projects/incubator-geronimo/target/classes
> /home/bowi/apache-projects/incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/java/
> org/apache/geronimo/common/AbstractComponent.java:59:
> package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist
> import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
>
> any suggestions ?
>
> thanks,
> Bodo

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

maven problem ?

Posted by Bodo Wippermann <bo...@bodow.de>.

RE: adding a module

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
I believe the way is to submit a patch.

Re: adding a module

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Yup, well I guess that is ;-)

--jason

RE: adding a module

Posted by Srihari S <sr...@blr.pin.philips.com>.
Hi James
I am Hari from the deployment/verification module team...after ur warm reply
i think we will have
u as our point of contact
hope to bother u soon with a deliverable:)

warm regards
Hari

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 08:29  pm, Jonathan Duty wrote:
> The deployment/verification team may want to add a maven module soon.
> How do we go about this?  Do we just contact a commiter?

There are some Maven committers not too far away (e.g. me ;) who could
help out. If you were to submit a patch we can make it happen.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: adding a module