Posted to users@taverna.apache.org by rezg ahlem <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/14 20:28:34 UTC

 Dear,

I am a master student in computer science. As part of my master
project I have to use TAVERNA monitoring capabilities.

However, to the best of my knowledge such monitoring component does
not exist yet.

By this email, I would like to know if such direction (developing a
monitoring component for Taverna) is considered as part of the current
project.

Best regards,

Ahlem

Re:

Posted by Kasikrit Damkliang <ka...@gmail.com>.
Dear Ahlem,

There are differences between of architectures of Taverna 2 and Taverva 3.
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/developer/Taverna+2+Architecture

As you know, it is not possible to track intermediate results between nodes
of the workflow run on the Taverna Workbench, version 2 (even during the
run or the run has been finished).

In my view, it is easy and possible to use TAVERNA monitoring capabilities
utilizing the Taverna Server.
You may enhance from its open sources or develop a new module interfacing
with its REST APIs.

 Hope that it helps you.

Regards,
Kasikrit D.