Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Evan Chan <ev...@ooyala.com> on 2013/09/29 00:23:28 UTC

spark.hostPort

Hey guys,

Does anyone see a reason to keep the "spark.hostPort" system property
around?

It is cleared by lots of tests, set in two places (SparkEnv, and
StandaloneExecutorBackend),
and only used as follows:

Utils.localHostPort() reads it
localHostPort is called from
- BlockManager (which calls it, but _never_ uses the resulting output!)
- MapOutputTracker (which passes it as a value, not sure to where)

Just trying to clean house on properties.

thanks,
Evan

Evan Chan
Staff Engineer