Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2005/09/17 07:07:25 UTC

Delete branches/v1_0_M4-QA

Anyone mind if I delete the old M4 QA branch?  The correct M4 code is
in tags/v1_0_M4, so this only leads to confusion (including mine
earlier today).

-dain

Re: Delete branches/v1_0_M4-QA

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote, On 9/16/2005 10:07 PM:

> Anyone mind if I delete the old M4 QA branch?  The correct M4 code is
> in tags/v1_0_M4, so this only leads to confusion (including mine
> earlier today).

Delete away.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Delete branches/v1_0_M4-QA

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Anyone mind if I delete the old M4 QA branch?  The correct M4 code is
> in tags/v1_0_M4, so this only leads to confusion (including mine
> earlier today).

Nope. +1.

> -dain

Jacek

Re: Delete branches/v1_0_M4-QA

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I do.

The code should be considered to be in the /branch, and the tag is
just a marker to a point on that branch.

I never understand why there's confusion.  For other projects, I've
kept separate checked out branches, and never ran aground.  Maybe the
trick is to avoid checking them out?

If that's unavoidable, maybe re-arrange SVN?  The following doesn't
*quite* work, but it's a start for discussion...

geronimo/
     branches/
     tags/
     projects/