Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kai Michael Bodach <ka...@condat.de> on 2004/01/27 09:56:52 UTC

How to deal with the target of the DOCTYPE definition???

Hi goup,

it's not really a tapestry problem, I know, but the extensive knowledge of
this group let me hope
that you know the answer.Here the problem. Yesterday I have to recognize
that http://jakarta.apache.org
was unavailable. This had a influence to my project. I know, a little bit
strange, because I thought there
is no dependence. This supposition comes from my very tiny xml knowledge.
After a while I recognized
that all the DOCTYPE definitions in my xml files (.jwc, .page, .script) have
to load the *.dtd. At this time
it was not possible and so I got a Exception.
My first thought was I may have to define the location of the dtd in my
project. So I unpacked the needed
dtd's and put them into my folder structer and referenced them in the
DOCTYPE.

[Snipplet]

<!DOCTYPE script PUBLIC
	"-//Howard Lewis Ship//Tapestry Script 3.0//EN"
	"app/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/tapestry/script/Script_3_0.dtd">

This works fine, but one thing is unmanageable. If I move to another
Tapestry
version and in this version a dtd has changed, I have to unpack this file in
my folder structure. So my question is, is there a way to reference the dtd
in
the specific tapestry.jar which I use, or is there a other better way to
deal with
this problem I had. Thank's for sharing your knowledge.

-kmb

Re: How to deal with the target of the DOCTYPE definition???

Posted by Nikla Ratinen <ni...@itmoon.fi>.
Hi,

Just stumbled to very same problem this morning.
Tapestry can fetch the DTD from .jar but the
doctype in your snipplet should read

"-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Script Specification 3.0//EN"

Rgds,
-- Nikla

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
If your DOCTYPE is correct, then Tapestry will, at runtime, load the DTDs from inside the Tapestry
JAR.

<!DOCTYPE component-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components