Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/01/04 18:19:01 UTC

[C++] PHP SCA extension for C++ SCA

Ok, so after a rather lengthy (and relaxing) Christmas break I'm starting to
work again on building up the PHP capability in the C++ SCA implementation.
There was some work done before Christmas documented on our PHP SCA site
here [1]. There were some previous mail exchanges talking about the problem
generally [2] and talking about the slight discontinuity between the way
that composition is represented in PHP SCA annotations compared to the SCA
SCDL files in C++ SCA [3].

The first thing I'm going to do is get the existing C++ PHP Extension up and
running again and submit any changes that are required now that C++ SCA has
moved on and I'm on to a new version of PHP. I'll add some more detail to
the README about what to do. This note was just to get the ball rolling
again so I'm sure there will be lots more issues to discuss very shortly.

Regards

Simon

[1] - http://www.osoa.org/display/PHP/PHP+SCA+Extension+For+Tuscany+CPP+SCA
[2] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg11572.html
[3] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg11747.html

Re: [PHP] Building the PHP runtime and SCA extension

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 1/10/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > investigating:-(
> > I did have this working on windows before Christmas though but I didn't
> > cross the bridge of running it in Apache. I ran it from the Axis
> > standalone
> > server.
> >
> > Having said this I have PHP compile to integrate with Apache on both
> > of my
> > linux boxes. One uses --enable-fastcgi and the other --with-apxs2. In
> > both
> > of these cases I can run the CLI version of PHP i.e. I can run without
> > Apache OK. Neither of these are compiled with embedding turned on
> > though so
> > there may be some problem there.
> >
> > I have only compiled for embedding on windows to date where I have my
> > Apache
> > integration set to --enable-fastcgi (nothing like a bit of variety).
> > In the
> > windows case though the embedding API is compiled into a separate
> > library. I
> > don't believe that is relevant though.
> >
> > So a couple of things to try.
> >
> > Can you try running PHP from the command line to check that it works
> > stand
> > alone.
> >  - you might need to do a make install-cli
> > By way of experiment can you
> >  - link with the Apache libraries that provide the missing function
> >  - build PHP with cgi Apache integration and see if that works
> >  - build PHP without Apache integration and see if that works.
> >
> > The only reference to problems with ap_rwite that I found with a quick
> > Google search was from someone trying to integrate with Apache and they
> > solved it with a clean rebuild so not very helpful.
> >
> > It may be that you have to suffer with building PHP for different
> > environments.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> Simon,
>
> I followed your advice and found a combination that works on Linux:
>
> To build the PHP 5.2.0 runtime:
> ./configure --prefix=/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/php5/php-5.2.0-bin
> --with-apxs2 --enable-embed=static
> make
> make install
>
> To build the PHP extension:
> libtuscany_sca_php_la_LIBADD = -L${TUSCANY_SDOCPP}/lib -ltuscany_sdo \
>     -L$(top_builddir)/runtime/core/src -ltuscany_sca \
>     -L${PHP_LIB} -lphp5 -lresolv
>
> --enable-embed=static allows the PHP extension shared lib to link with
> the PHP extension SAPI without creating a dependency on the Apache HTTPD
> runtime (which is in the server executable instead of a lib and
> therefore not available in a client).
>
> -lresolv satisfies the PHP runtime dependency on the DNS resolver library.
>
> With this configuration I can see the Tuscany runtime load and
> initialize the PHP extension.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

> Nice one Sebastien. I'll put these notes in the readme for the extension.
We can't provide a makefile for PHP for obvious reasons but we can at least
record your experience.

Thanks

Simon

Re: [PHP] Building the PHP runtime and SCA extension

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Re: [PHP] Building the PHP runtime and SCA extension, was Re: [C++] PHP SCA extension for C++ SCA

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.