Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Marian Condurache <M....@bigpoint.net> on 2011/07/01 12:24:47 UTC

Pig build from repository has parser problems

Hi,
So I checked out  pig from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/pig/trunk.
Built it and at first I tried the old scripts that I ran with the prebuilt version 0.7.  and 0.8 that worked and I got a parser error at the load....now I tested it with a simple script

file1 = LOAD '/user/mojo/input/testData'  USING PigStorage(',');

f1filter = filter file1 by status matches '"0"';

STORE f1filter  INTO '/user/mojo/output/testData' using PigStorage(',');

And still I get

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1200: <file ./testmypig.pig, line 1, column 58>  mismatched input '(' expecting SEMI_COLON

I think there is  problem with the parser in the trunk.

Regards, Marian