Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2007/01/05 18:13:12 UTC

can you do bom simulation for configurable product?

Is it possible to do a BOM simulation for a configurable product like PC001?

Si

Re: can you do bom simulation for configurable product?

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Jacopo,

I don't see a problem with checking stock availability via getting the components from the
production run (Job Shop), and doing a hand-calculated BOM simulation. Every production run is
linked to a sales order, so we know exactly what configuration ties to which sales order.

Well, I suppose it'd be nice to be able to key in some popular configuration and have BOM
simulation tell me if I'm adequately stocked to meet popular demand.

Jonathon

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.