Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Nextra <js...@nextra.at> on 2001/05/23 22:47:41 UTC

Xerces-J 1.4.0 still ignores attribute values in importNode()

importNode still imports attributes from another document's nodes but
forgets the values. How comes that this nasty behaviour is still around? Am
I using importNode in some wrong way? My code is:

   // declarations omitted
   firstChild = parsedPage.getDocumentElement().getFirstChild();
   resultRoot.appendChild(result.importNode(firstChild, true));

In 1.3.1 I fixed the importNode() method to make this work, but now I am
wondering if it is meant this way and I have some strange bug in my code ...
can anyone confirm this behaviour of Xerces-j ?

Johann

Re: Xerces-J 1.4.0 still ignores attribute values in importNode()

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Nextra wrote:
> In 1.3.1 I fixed the importNode() method to make this work, but now I am
> wondering if it is meant this way and I have some strange bug in my code ...
> can anyone confirm this behaviour of Xerces-j ?

I haven't confirmed this but have you tried turning off the
deferred DOM impl? Check the features docs page for the
details.