Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/04 10:11:44 UTC

current TestBase

Hi!

I am looking at the current TestBase. Its current behavior emulates very much the behavior of a
TestSetup. Unfortunately, it looses the possibility to close behind the repository and this may lead
to fake results or issues.

I would try to address this problem and make it a little bit more reliable, meaning that the
repository should be started once per suite and closed afterwards. This would leave the repository
in a stable state.

what do you think?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: current TestBase

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
#: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/4/2006 12:11 PM) :#
> Hi!
>
> I am looking at the current TestBase. Its current behavior emulates very much the behavior of a
> TestSetup. Unfortunately, it looses the possibility to close behind the repository and this may lead
> to fake results or issues.
>
> I would try to address this problem and make it a little bit more reliable, meaning that the
> repository should be started once per suite and closed afterwards. This would leave the repository
> in a stable state.
>
> what do you think?
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.

Oke, I think I figured it out. The only change in the current test suite would be that all tests
that need to work against a repository must return from the suite() method:

[code]
new RepositoryLifecycleTestSetup(new TestSuite(CurrentClass.class));
[/code]

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.