Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/04/30 21:53:24 UTC

RE: svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings SOLVED

Ok here is how I fixed the problem.

The problem is that there is a bunk character at the end of the line in the comments field that prevents the commit from happening.

If I saw this error:
svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings in 'svn:log' property

I would look at the last commited revision...if the last commit was 800 I would look at 801 for the problem.

I would then run:
svn propedit svn:log --revprop -r 801 http://path/to/repo

This brings up the comment field in vi (or whatever you set your editor to) and you can see and edit the comment. I simply went to the end of the last line and hit return.

Then I ran the svnsync again and it worked.

Let em know if you have any questions.

Zak

RE: svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings

Posted by we...@tigris.org.
Greetings,

I have the same problem with the addition that the source repository does not allow property changes, so I can not change the source log.

Is it possible to automatically modify the property value using a pre-revprop-change script? Or is it a problem that occurs on reading the value from the source repository?

Re: svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings SOLVED

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 03:01:52PM -0400, Bob Archer wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 06:46:14AM -0700, John Waycott wrote:
> > > I ran into this same issue. Because we had 1,000's of svn:log entries
> > > with this problem, I wrote a simple Python script to fix the the
> > > revprops. As long as you have write access to the files db/revprop
> > > directory, it will fix any svn:log or svn:externals entries it finds.
> > > It only works on FSFS repositories.
> > >
> > > Is anyone interested in it? I am sure I can post it (I just need
> > > permission from Hypercom)
> >
> > Note also that the fix for this problem is already in the 1.6.x
> > branch. It will be in the 1.6.4 release. From that release onwards,
> > svnsync will automatically translate line endings as required.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Did I miss 1.6.3 or was it just to close to release to get this into it?

Ah, sorry :)
In fact, 1.6.2 was the last 1.6.x release, so the fix will be in 1.6.3.

Thanks,
Stefan

RE: svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings SOLVED

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 06:46:14AM -0700, John Waycott wrote:
> > I ran into this same issue. Because we had 1,000's of svn:log entries
> > with this problem, I wrote a simple Python script to fix the the
> > revprops. As long as you have write access to the files db/revprop
> > directory, it will fix any svn:log or svn:externals entries it finds.
> > It only works on FSFS repositories.
> >
> > Is anyone interested in it? I am sure I can post it (I just need
> > permission from Hypercom)
>
> Note also that the fix for this problem is already in the 1.6.x
> branch. It will be in the 1.6.4 release. From that release onwards,
> svnsync will automatically translate line endings as required.
>
> Stefan

Did I miss 1.6.3 or was it just to close to release to get this into it?

BOb

Re: svnsync: Cannot accept non-LF line endings SOLVED

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by John Waycott <ja...@cox.net>.
I ran into this same issue. Because we had 1,000's of svn:log entries
with this problem, I wrote a simple Python script to fix the the
revprops. As long as you have write access to the files db/revprop
directory, it will fix any svn:log or svn:externals entries it finds.
It only works on FSFS repositories.

Is anyone interested in it? I am sure I can post it (I just need
permission from Hypercom)

-- John Waycott
Hypercom Corporation