Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Vivek Lakshmanan <vi...@redhat.com> on 2005/10/25 01:03:39 UTC

Context tag with path attribute

Hi Folks,
I just noticed that the Context tag's path attribute is ignored (at
least seems to be) in tomcat 5.5.9 unless it is included in the
server.xml file statically. If an application were to be deployed at a
context like /foo/bar in previous versions (5.0.28), I suppose that
would require an explicit entry in the server.xml since I cant specify
that as the name of the .xml context file and I am unaware of another
way to get around this issue. I was wondering what the reasons were for
this change in the newer version?

Thanks,
Vivek