Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Santunu Podder <SP...@closepf.com> on 2006/05/05 14:20:19 UTC

[Axis 1.3] Null pointer when launching SoapMonitor

Hi All,

I am trying to launch the soap monitor applet but it throws a null pointer
exception and applet does not load up.

I have tried looking for the class SOAPMonitorApplet  in the distribution
of Axis 1.3 but it appears to be missing.

Could anybody please tell me how to fix this.

Regards,
Santunu

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. Close Premium Finance shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Close Premium Finance does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

Re: [Axis 1.3] Null pointer when launching SoapMonitor

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
You need the applet classes at webapps/axis/*applet*.class/WEB-INF , and the
servlet configured in web.xml . Find the source file and compile it - the
docs explain how.

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Posted by Santunu Podder <SP...@closepf.com>.
Thanks Steve. I did everything what you suggested.

But this time, when I invoke my web service it throws the following
exception

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in
something it was trying to deserialize.
   at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at
com.closepf.services.IPromptServices.adjustLoan(MTATransactionRequest
request)
   at example.client.Client.adjustLoan(IPromptServices ipromptServices)

I can see the request flowing in the SoapMonitor but then it throws the
above exception.

"Steve Barham" <st...@formicary.net>
05/05/2006 13:51
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis 1.3] Null pointer when launching SoapMonitor

Have you enabled the SOAPMonitor servlet in your web.xml?

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
        <display-name>SOAPMonitorService</display-name>
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>SOAPMonitorPort</param-name>
            <param-value>5001</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/SOAPMonitor</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

By way of comparison, my deployment descriptor for testing a single
service is:

    <service name="MessageService" provider="java:RPC">
        <requestFlow>
            <handler name="soapmonitor"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SOAPMonitorHandler"/>
        </requestFlow>

        <parameter name="className"
value="com.foo.bar.webservice.MessageService"/>

        <responseFlow>
            <handler name="soapmonitor"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SOAPMonitorHandler"/>
        </responseFlow>
    </service>
</deployment>

Cheers,

steve

Posted by Steve Barham <st...@formicary.net>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
The soap monitor servlet needs to be configured in web.xml , as default port
of 5001. If the port isn't open, the applet does nothing but show itself.

Posted by Santunu Podder <SP...@closepf.com>.
Thanks Steve.

Posted by Steve Barham <st...@formicary.net>.
Hi,