Posted to user@pig.apache.org by paradisehit <pa...@163.com> on 2008/10/21 03:55:56 UTC

How to learn the structure of Logical Plan and Physical Plan?

 I found that the structure of LogicalPlan described in wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigExecutionModel is different with the codes in the types-stable-1.

If I want to know more about the translation of the Plans(Logical and Physical), which book or paper can I learn? thanks!

Re: How to learn the structure of Logical Plan and Physical Plan?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Unfortunately there is not yet a comprehensive design document for
pig.  We have tried to put design info into the java docs, so looking
at the package and class headers (especially in
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalPlan and
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalPlan) will give
you some info on this.

Alan.