Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/10/18 15:49:13 UTC

Re: jdk 1.3 dependencies

> I found and removed a couple of dependencies during the hackathon,
> but the ones I found today are less trivial to remove:
>
>     *   constructor JMenuItem(Action) [ since 1.3 ]

This one is from Vincent's viewer. As we now have Pan and Zoom in the new
viewer, I think we can remove it now.

>     *   method java.awt.image.ColorModel.getTransferType()
>       [javadoc does not indicate that this is a new method, but it is].

This question is for Thomas, Vincent or Dean :)

> If we absolutely must have 1.3, so be it, but my own preference is to
> hold off on such dependencies as long as we can.

I agree. Use jdk1.3 *only* when we have no choice.

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/