Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nutchsolruser <nu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 14:42:04 UTC

Starts with Query

I want to find documents whose title is starting with digit, what will be
solr query for this. I have tried many queries but could not able to
configure proper query for this.
Note : title is a field in my index.

Re: Starts with Query

Posted by nutchsolruser <nu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jack for valuable response,Actually i am trying to match *any* numeric
pattern at the start of each document.  I dont know documents in index i
just want documents title starting with any digit.

Re: Starts with Query

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Are you trying to query for any numeric term at the start of a title or a
specific numeric term at the start of a title?

Unless you are using a query parser that supports Lucene's SpanFirstQuery or
SpanPositionRangeQuery, you have two choices:

1. Explicitly (or implicitly via a custom update processor) add a marker
term so you can match beginning of title if you are looking for a specific
numeric term, such as "markertext 123".

2. Add a second title field that is a "string" field type, say title_s, with
a copyField from title to title_s, and then do a regex query to check for a
digit at the beginning of the string form of the title, or use a trailing
wildcard if you know the exact leading numeric value, such as "123 *".

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Starts with Query

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I want to find documents whose title
> is starting with digit, what will be
> solr query for this. I have tried many queries but could not
> able to
> configure proper query for this.
> Note : title is a field in my index.

Something like this?  q=title:(1* 2* 3* 4* ... 9*)&q.op=OR