Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2016/12/01 01:09:16 UTC

Re: Review the API of a new component of the "Commons" project before release 1.0.

Hi.

I'm very sorry for the late reply; somehow your mail got buried
in my mailbox.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:14:46 +0330, Navid Veradi wrote:
> Hello
> I'm a newcomer to ASF and wanted to start contributing on projects.
> As I
> was browsing the "Help Wanted" section, I saw your add for "Review
> the API
> of a new component of the "Commons" project before release 1.0." and
> I want
> to help.
>
> I'm quite new to open source development and java but I'm not new to
> development. I have 3+ years of work experience in Php, Swift and
> Python. I
> know my way around java though I'm not as thorough in it as the
> others I
> mentioned.
> I can help with any task like documentation, writing unit tests or
> development but will surely need some help to get a hang on the
> project.
> Let me know if I could be of any help.

Surely, you could, in one way or another.

The first step, would probably be to browse the web site and/or
the source repository of "Commons RNG":
   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/

Note that there is an ongoing vote for having an official first
release of the new component:
   http://markmail.org/message/r24rz5ldvqaudyuh

You are welcome to give your opinion:
   http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html