Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/28 22:29:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-Beta3 RC2

Please review and vote on the 2.0-Beta3 RC2  release artifacts.

The artifacts are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-RC2/

The SVN tag for the release is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/tags/2.0-Beta3-RC2/

TIA,

  ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-Beta3 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Scott Kurz <sk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ant,
>
> Please bear with me here...so I downloaded the
> apache-tuscany-sca-all-2.0-Beta3.zip, and tried to run "mvn" in the samples
> dir.
>
> So to get this to work I should be pointing maven to your location:
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-RC2/maven/
> somehow in settings.xml?
>
> Could you please give me an example of this?

There are a couple of approaches but one is to define a profile in
settings.xml which adds the staging repo:

    <profile>
      <id>test</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>staged-releases</id>
          <url>http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-RC2/maven</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
      <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>staged-releases</id>
          <url>http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-RC2/maven</url>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>

and then when trying the samples add -Ptest to all the Maven commands.

> Another dumb question:  the reason a user wouldn't have to do this for the
> "real" release is that there's some network of public repositories that all
> Maven environments know about, which we will publish the official release
> to?

Yep thats right -

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/

Once the release vote passes all those artifacts at the ~antelder
staging repo will get copied there.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-Beta3 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Passed with +1s from Ant, Florian, and Scott.

Thanks for voting, I'll go publish the release.

   ...ant

Posted by Scott Kurz <sk...@gmail.com>.
I ran a couple samples, including store, looked over a few README-type
things..and built a real simple app in Eclipse, and that all looked good, so
+1 from me.

Thanks Ant and sorry it took so long.
Scott

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-Beta3 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks Florian.

And +1 from me obviously, so we need one more vote...anyone?

   ...ant

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.