Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak <de...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/17 04:44:20 UTC

Programmatic control of JMeter tests from JAVA

Is there a way to control JMeter tests (start, stop,
increase load or decrease load) from a JAVA program.

Any help is appreciated.

Deepak

Re: Programmatic control of JMeter tests from JAVA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It's easy enough to change the load remotely from a Java program using
the BeanShell server facility (see jmeter.properties for how to start
this).

One can send commands to the BeanShell server to change the value of a property.
The property in turn can be used in a Throughput Controller (or
perhaps a Timer).

There are some BSH scripts in the extras directory, or search the mail
archives for BeanShell - I think this was covered a few months ago.

The BSH server can also stop individual threads or the entire test.
There's no way currently to restart a test or increase the number of
threads.

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.