Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr> on 2005/08/11 10:13:59 UTC

[OT] Getting an old mail ?

Hi,

    Is it possible to get again an old message from the list which I
have deleted ?
    Ezmlm writes in the help of the list that we can do something like :

send an empty message to:
   <de...@forrest.apache.org>

But how to find the 12345 in marc.theaimsgroup.com ?

Cyriaque,

Re: [OT] Getting an old mail ?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>    Is it possible to get again an old message from the list which I
> have deleted ?
>    Ezmlm writes in the help of the list that we can do something like :
>
> To receive all messages with the same subject as message 12345,
> send an empty message to:
>   <de...@forrest.apache.org>
>
> But how to find the 12345 in marc.theaimsgroup.com ?

Don't know sorry. I think that the numbers are
local to ezmlmn.

Does the help at ezmlm.org help?
There is a dev-index@ command, gives subject/Id
then work backwards from there.

If you know the year and month, then you can get
everything for the whole month gzipped at:
http://forrest.apache.org/mail/

-David