Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/27 01:05:55 UTC

Dealing with cordova-windows license header audit issue

While getting ready to make a cordova-windows patch release I
discovered that coho audit-license-headers flags an issue with
template/Properties/Default.rd.xml ([1]). Proposed solution is to add
the needed license header to template/Properties/Default.rd.xml in the
patch release as proposed in [2] then fix in upcoming release as
proposed in [3,4]. Alternatives are discussed in [5].

I would personally favor fixing as proposed in [2,3,4] and consider if
we can remove this file as discussed in [5].

Feedback in [5] or this thread would be really appreciated. I would
like to make the cordova-windows patch release within the next few
days, hopefully by the end of July 2018.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

[1] <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-14224>
[2] <https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/286>
[3] <https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/284>
[4] <https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/285>
[5] <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/106>

Re: Dealing with cordova-windows license header audit issue

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 to your proposal. I added a review comment in two of the PRs.