Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/12 13:09:43 UTC

WAR support in standalone server

Hi All,

I am looking into adding war support in the standalone server i.e. when a
standalone openejb server starts, it should be able to host web apps. Any
war or a war in an ear should be supported.
What do you think?

PS: I actually went ahead and added a JIRA before posting this to the list
(should have done the other way round)  --

Karan Singh Malhi

Re: WAR support in standalone server

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Jon,

This would allow you to actually run the webapp.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:09 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com>wrote:

> I know I've seen a few requests for something like this on the user list.
>  I wonder if we can throw this in a container/openejb-jetty module next to
> container/openejb-core so that it can be optional.  Depending on how it
> looks when we cut 3.1, we may or may not want to include it.

I think this is a good idea. Looking at how close we are to the release, and
also Mohammad's point about keeping this optional, this looks like a good
solution . Will need some pointers in creating a new module though. Will bug
you once I start working on it.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
I know I've seen a few requests for something like this on the user
list.  I wonder if we can throw this in a container/openejb-jetty
module next to container/openejb-core so that it can be optional.
Depending on how it looks when we cut 3.1, we may or may not want to
include it.

-David

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the offer to help. You have given me a fairly good idea already.
So atleast I will be able to get started.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
No offense taken :)  .  I think the approach taken in our http
implementation might work here too. If we find Jetty in the classpath,
deploy war in jetty. Could also set a system property to enable/disable this
behaviour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks