Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 16:55:02 UTC

how to make sales tax work

My sales tax isn't working.  What steps need to happen to make it work
on the admin side?  Right now I've Catalog -> Store -> mystore -> Tax
-> Vat Tax Auth Geo Id -> (New York) NY .   I've modified
checkoutreview.groovy and orderstatus.groovy, so I'm trying to figure
out if sales tax isn't working because I broke something or because I
don't know how to set it on the admin side.  Thanks Patrick

Re: how to make sales tax work

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Patrick:
Not sure why your sales tax doesn't work. But, the process for add or
removing a tax authority is:
1) Use the Party Manager to add the "authority"
2) Use the Accounting Manager to configure the new authority (rates, etc.)
3) Add the new authority using the Catalog Manager

FYI - I've done a more detailed writeup of this in the E-Commerce book's
new Chapter 8: "Doing Business with Open for Business". This is valid
for Release 9.04.

Regards,
Ruth
Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"