Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 19:40:06 UTC

Wicket product on set-top boxes

Hi

Im working on a product where we are pushing a wicket "site/product" to some
set-top boxes. And I want to make the displayed page more resilient, so if
the server for some reason are down or the box are unable to connect it will
keep trying to connect until successful. Also if I hit the exception page
for some reason I want to go back to the originating page after a while to
try again.

So any suggestions?

I have a couple of ideas, but wanted to hear other angels on it..

regards Nino

Re: Wicket product on set-top boxes

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Yes, we did this kind of settop with wicket. We use ajax timer to
update page and keep session alive. The "originating page" problem we
had to resolve using a cookie because wicket does not support multi
homing.

**
Martin

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
hehe.. Sometimes I do spell wrong usually when tired, angels are nice but
was thinking of angle or perspective :)

We are actually using ajax after the initial page so i'll go for some ajax
intelligence, which was my initial idea.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.