Posted to users@maven.apache.org by adie <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 21:33:06 UTC

[Archetype plugin] Using requiredProperty in module name, id

Hello,
   My archetype-metadata.xml looks like this:
<requiredProperties>
        <requiredProperty key="aSystemType"/>
        <requiredProperty key="SystemType"/>
        <requiredProperty key="Entity"/>
        <requiredProperty key="Task"/>

    </requiredProperties>
    <fileSets>
        <fileSet filtered="true" encoding="UTF-8">
            <directory>impl/task</directory>
            <includes>
                <include>**/*.project</include>
            </includes>
        </fileSet>
    </fileSets>
    <modules>
        <module id="ad${aSystemType}-bw"
dir="impl/adapter/__aSystemType__/ad__aSystemType__-bw"
name="ad${aSystemType}-bw">
            <fileSets>
                <fileSet encoding="UTF-8" filtered="true">
                    <directory>Impl</directory>
                    <includes>
                        <include>**/*.folder</include>
                    </includes>
                </fileSet>
    </module>

I've found two issues:
-   First,  properties are not substituted in module id and name. I've seen
examples with ${rootArtfiactId} but in my case I need to interactively
provide module id and name.
-  Second, dir/filename substitution doesn't work for modules. Only works
for resources in parent project, that are not part of any module.
I am using Maven 2.2.1 and Archetype plugin 2.2

Thanks for reply,
   Martin