Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/27 13:50:51 UTC

[HEADS UP] - camel-web is to be trimmed

Hi

We would like to trim the size of camel-web console to make it much slimmer.

James Strachan has already done part of this work by moving to scalate
instead of jsp for the pages.

However camel-web is still fat due being over ambitious and having
groovy/ruby and whatnot editors.
Those are hardly used and was an experiment from last years summer of
code, where a guy contributed the groovy route editor.

We want to move this out of camel-web and keep it lighter. And instead
add more management capabilities and also provide some runtime stats
of your routes.
Kinda like stuff you can see in JMX currently.

To do that we will being removing the groovy/ruby and what else has
crept in camel-web.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel-web is to be trimmed

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!
Thanks Claus!
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is the 51 .jar files in WEB-INF/lib you get right now

activation-1.1.jar                      jaxb-api-2.1.jar
         log4j-1.2.16.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar                     jaxb-impl-2.1.13.jar
         rome-1.0.jar
asm-3.1.jar                             jcodings-1.0.4.jar
         scala-compiler-2.8.0.jar
bytelist-1.0.6.jar                      jdom-1.0.jar
         scala-library-2.8.0.jar
camel-core-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar             jersey-atom-1.4-ea05.jar
         scalate-core-1.3-20100817.123117-32.jar
camel-groovy-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar           jersey-core-1.4-ea05.jar
         slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
camel-ruby-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar             jersey-json-1.4-ea05.jar
         slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar
camel-spring-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar           jersey-server-1.4-ea05.jar
         spring-aop-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar               jersey-spring-1.4-ea05.jar
         spring-asm-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
commons-logging-api-1.1.jar             jettison-1.2.jar
         spring-beans-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
commons-management-1.0.jar              jffi-1.0.1.jar
         spring-context-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
constantine-0.6.jar                     jline-0.9.93.jar
         spring-core-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
groovy-all-1.7.4.jar                    jnr-netdb-1.0.jar
         spring-expression-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
jackson-core-asl-1.5.5.jar              jnr-posix-1.1.4.jar
         spring-tx-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
jackson-jaxrs-1.5.5.jar                 joda-time-1.6.jar
         spring-web-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar
jackson-mapper-asl-1.5.5.jar            joni-1.1.4.jar
         stax-api-1.0-2.jar
jaffl-0.5.1.jar                         jruby-1.5.2.jar
         stax-api-1.0.1.jar