Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2013/07/03 18:02:56 UTC

[DEV] Ubuntu - Problemes finding JDK home

Hi at all

I setted up a new build mashin. It runns on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Now I have
problems with the JDK home. The configure process say:

configure: error: javac not found, please use --with-jdk-home

I setted jdk home flag --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk wich
should be right, but I didn't progress. Do sameone have me a hint? Thanks!

Greetings Raphael

Re: [DEV] Ubuntu - Problemes finding JDK home

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> I setted up a new build mashin. It runns on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Now I have
> problems with the JDK home. The configure process say:
> configure: error: javac not found, please use --with-jdk-home

If it is the system Java (i.e., not a custom one you installed), and you
don't have javac in one of the directories in your $PATH, you can
probably fix it with a variant of this procedure:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/117189/apt-get-install-openjdk-7-jdk-doesnt-install-javac-why

When solved, please write a comment in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Regards,