Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2015/09/07 06:34:23 UTC

Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group

Greets,

Our podlings are unevenly distributed among the 3 reporting groups,
resulting in a heavy load once every three months.

* 1 (Jan, Apr, July, Oct): 18 podlings
* 2 (Feb, May, Aug, Nov): 21 podlings
* 3 (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec): 32 podlings

HAWQ and HORN were initially placed in group 3, but I've taken the
liberty of moving them to group 1.  This means that after monthly
reports in Oct, Nov, and Dec, they will start reporting quarterly with
a Jan report.

The groups don't need to be perfectly balanced and so IMO we don't
need to move other podlings around, but I'd prefer not to worsen the
imbalance when scheduling new podlings.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> Makes perfect sense! Thanks, Marvin.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> Greets,
>>
>> Our podlings are unevenly distributed among the 3 reporting groups,
>> resulting in a heavy load once every three months.
>>
>> * 1 (Jan, Apr, July, Oct): 18 podlings
>> * 2 (Feb, May, Aug, Nov): 21 podlings
>> * 3 (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec): 32 podlings
>>
>> HAWQ and HORN were initially placed in group 3, but I've taken the
>> liberty of moving them to group 1.  This means that after monthly
>> reports in Oct, Nov, and Dec, they will start reporting quarterly with
>> a Jan report.
>>
>> The groups don't need to be perfectly balanced and so IMO we don't
>> need to move other podlings around, but I'd prefer not to worsen the
>> imbalance when scheduling new podlings.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> Makes perfect sense! Thanks, Marvin.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> Greets,
>>
>> Our podlings are unevenly distributed among the 3 reporting groups,
>> resulting in a heavy load once every three months.
>>
>> * 1 (Jan, Apr, July, Oct): 18 podlings
>> * 2 (Feb, May, Aug, Nov): 21 podlings
>> * 3 (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec): 32 podlings
>>
>> HAWQ and HORN were initially placed in group 3, but I've taken the
>> liberty of moving them to group 1.  This means that after monthly
>> reports in Oct, Nov, and Dec, they will start reporting quarterly with
>> a Jan report.
>>
>> The groups don't need to be perfectly balanced and so IMO we don't
>> need to move other podlings around, but I'd prefer not to worsen the
>> imbalance when scheduling new podlings.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> Makes perfect sense! Thanks, Marvin.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> Greets,
>>
>> Our podlings are unevenly distributed among the 3 reporting groups,
>> resulting in a heavy load once every three months.
>>
>> * 1 (Jan, Apr, July, Oct): 18 podlings
>> * 2 (Feb, May, Aug, Nov): 21 podlings
>> * 3 (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec): 32 podlings
>>
>> HAWQ and HORN were initially placed in group 3, but I've taken the
>> liberty of moving them to group 1.  This means that after monthly
>> reports in Oct, Nov, and Dec, they will start reporting quarterly with
>> a Jan report.
>>
>> The groups don't need to be perfectly balanced and so IMO we don't
>> need to move other podlings around, but I'd prefer not to worsen the
>> imbalance when scheduling new podlings.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.