Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Greg Sidelinger <ga...@ilive4code.net> on 2002/11/05 17:49:02 UTC

[users@httpd] env vars

How do I let apache know about an env var.  I have the env var set in my
/etc/bash.bashrc file and /etc/profile but I can not get cgi scripts to
know about it.

Re: [users@httpd] env vars

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:52:44PM -0500, Greg Sidelinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 07:20 pm, e wrote:
> > see SetEnv, UnsetEnv and PassEnv directives.
> >
> Actually I looked at thsoe but they don't seem to work if using suexec.  So I
> guess my question is how do I use env vars with suexec.  It may just be
> something with how debian has it set up but if not could someone tell me how.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/env.html

"When suexec is used to launch CGI scripts, the environment will be
 cleaned down to a set of safe variables before CGI scripts are launched.
 The list of safe variables is defined at compile-time in suexec.c."

ie, you need to recompile suexec.

HTH,

Zac

Re: [users@httpd] env vars

Posted by Greg Sidelinger <ga...@ilive4code.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] env vars

Posted by e <li...@agric.nsw.gov.au>.
see SetEnv, UnsetEnv and PassEnv directives.

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Greg Sidelinger wrote:

> How do I let apache know about an env var.  I have the env var set in my
> /etc/bash.bashrc file and /etc/profile but I can not get cgi scripts to
> know about it.

Jihong LI
Systems Administrator
Information Technology