Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by xuchuanyin <xu...@apache.org> on 2019/12/02 01:23:14 UTC

Re: Propose feature change in CarbonData 2.0

Glad to see you making this proposal! The features you mentioned are really
not popular even the heavy user neither try them nor know their usage.

For 1/2/3/4/5.1/5.2/7, we can remove this features with their code. But if
we consider compatibility, the query processing will still be complex. How
can we solve this problem?

For 6, we may need to optimize it. If the problem lies in reading indices
into memory, we can another way to fix it, such as making slices or some
other ways.

As for the refactory points, I'm not sure about the 1st&2nd points.
As I  know, in data loading, we group dimensions and measures while writing
sort_temp_files, this can enhance the loading performance since it can
reduce the size of file.