Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/15 14:04:59 UTC

How to set Rack Id of DataNodes?

Hello everyone??
    I want to set the Rack Id of each DataNodes??
I have read somewhere that we have to write a script that gives Rack Id of
nodes.
I want to clarify that the input of that script will be IP Address of
DataNode and the output will be the RackId..
Is it??

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

RE: How to set Rack Id of DataNodes?

Posted by Vijay Thakorlal <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,

Yes that's correct your "rack awareness" script takes the IP address of a
node and returns the rack name/id.

You then just have to ensure the script is executable and referenced (using
an absolute path) in the parameter topology.script.file.name in
core-site.xml.

Regards,

Vijay