Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dan Lester <da...@danlester.com> on 2008/04/17 15:12:50 UTC

Maven build problems

Is anyone else having trouble building the latest version of Shindig?
(I'm using Windows... Tried a completely clean checkout)

It seems to have problems referencing the social-api files from gadgets
and vice versa. I can't help noticing the following recent commit
comment on rev 648665: "Moved the social java classes from java/gadgets
to java/social-api. Did some clumsy maven stuff to make this still
compile."

The problem appears to arise in trying to connect those two branches,
anyway. I see errors like:

C:\Dev\shindig\java\gadgets\src\main\java\org\apache\shindig\gadgets\Def
aultGuiceModule.java:[30,32]
 package org.apache.shindig.social does not exist

C:\Dev\shindig\java\gadgets\src\main\java\org\apache\shindig\gadgets\Def
aultGuiceModule.java:[112,31
] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class GadgetDataHandler
location: class org.apache.shindig.gadgets.DefaultGuiceModule

No panic, but if anyone can shed some light, that would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Maven build problems

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
Yes, I should have just fixed this. It was in another patch I was waiting on
committing. For now I just pulled the obvious fix out and committed that.

- Cassie