Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ravinder Kaur <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/21 12:47:21 UTC

Start cluster in different modes

Hello community,

I have been working with Flink for a while and have updated from version
0.10 to 1.0 but now I don't see the scripts to start cluster specifically
in batch and stream mode like in version 0.10

Could someone tell me the difference and how I could achieve this? I tried
to look through the Cluster Setup and Command- line execution pages but
could not find useful information.

Kind Regards,
Ravinder Kaur

Re: Start cluster in different modes

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Ravinder,

the streaming mode has been removed, because Flink now starts in the
streaming mode by default.
This means that the system is lazily allocating managed memory when user's
are executing batch jobs.
If you want to preallocate the managed memory, there is a new configuration
option for this.

Regards,
Robert