Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/11 19:14:54 UTC

really funky problem

Okay, I this is some sort of classpath error or something but I just
wanted to see if anyone had ever hit this. I have a page Login that
implements an interfaces called ILoginDelegate. In this page I have a
component that gets it's page as the default delegate via:

	@Parameter(defaultValue="container")
	public abstract ILoginDelegate getDelegate();

but when the form on the page is submitted and the component calls
getDelegate() I get an "no type converter for ILoginDelegate" error. I
debugged into where the error occurs. If you call getContainer() (which
should be what getDelegate calls) then you get back the page object. Now
here's the really funky thing.

If you evaluate:
getContainer() instanceof com.domain.admin.Login
you get 'true'

but if you evaluate:
getContainer() instanceof ILoginDelegate
you get 'false'

even though com.domain.admin.Login implements ILoginDelegate. Any ideas?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: really funky problem