Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Rebecca Smith <Re...@trw.com> on 2002/06/01 00:18:49 UTC

James problem on Solaris

Hi,
We got James working on NT with no trouble. Now we are trying to run it on Solaris 8 and have the following problem. We send a test message and James says the message has been sent and received but it never shows up in the inbox for that user or the outgoing mailbox.The logs indicate no error. Does anyone have any idea what we are doing wrong? We tried with both versions v2.0a3 and v2.0a3. Appreciate any help!!!
Thanks

Re: James problem on Solaris

Posted by mohan <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
In NT also i had similar problem. Actually, for trial
purpose, i created about 1 lakh users. Then when i
sent a mail to some user. It didn't come to the mail
box of that user.
Then i reduced the number of users to some 50000. Then
i sent a mail to some user. In this case, the mail
reached the inbox after about 10 - 15 minutes. So in
the previous case, it might have taken more time, say
30 min. and as we don't wait so long, we think it is
not reaching the inbox.
Is the situation in your case is similar?
I tried in a WIN 2K machine with 128 MB RAM and 800
MHz, Intel PIII processor.
I thought that in a good configuration machine like in
case of Sun Sparc Ultra 5S or E-220 R kind, it would
be faster. So what is the configuration of your
machine and how many users did u create?
This may have some bearing on the time taken for a
mail to be delivered to the inbox.

Also another thing is, in the config.xml, under
<spoolmanager> tag, whether the following tag appears
within html comments ? :
          <mailet match="RelayLimit=30" class="Null">
          </mailet>
If not, i think the Null mailet is just consuming the
mail and in this case also mail wouldn't be delivered.
So, please revert back.

Regards,

Mohan