Posted to users@camel.apache.org by anjanaintergration <23...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/15 18:59:27 UTC

Load balancing camel endppoints

Hi,

I have soap endpoints produced from application that uses apache camel to
route the request when soap endpoint receives request.

Now i need to add load balancer to manage these endpoints. From what i
understand the option are
a. option 1. multiple jvm application, mutiple tomcat instance and multiple
camel context.
    1. deploy my application in multiple tomcat instance
    2. Have an Jetty http proxy to enable load balancer to redirect the
request to one of the endpoint on any of the tomcat instance
   3. add failover node mapping

b. option 2. single jvm application single tomcat instance one camel
context.
   1. deploy my application in single tomcat instance
   2. in camel-config add load balancing configuration for that endpoint
which need to be load balanced
   3. so the configuration would be
       <route id="CamelRouter">
  	  	<from uri="servlet:///{{mysoapserviceURL}}" />
                  <loadBalance>
                     <roundRobin/>
	  			<to uri="seda:map1" />
                                <to uri="seda:map2" />
  	 </route>

<route>
<from uri="seda:map1"/>
<to uri="direct:{{myrouterbean}}" "/>
</route>

<route>
<from uri="seda:map2"/>
<to uri="direct:{{myrouterbean}}" "/>
</route>

c. Option 3: Will apache camel Mina applicable here.

Appreciate if someone can share experience with apache camel endpoint load
balancing will the above option correct for load balancing endpoint.