Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "damian.pawski" <dp...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/21 09:57:45 UTC

Intermittent timeout on the Slave

Hi All

We are working with "Master -> 2 Slaves" configuration (BitNami Stack on
Win2012 server).

Recently we have started to get a timeout responses on our Slaves.

The error is similar to the one below:

"/A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XX/"

Above error happens every so often with Network Load Balancer or without it
(direct connection to one of the Slaves). I can not manually replicate this
issue.

Slave server does not struggle with hardware (HDD, CPU, RAM all fine).

Solr itself does not log any extra information related to this issue.

 What can cause Slave Solr Server to intermittently response with timeouts?
The Solr traffic around the timeouts is as usuall.

Thank  you
Damian

Re: Intermittent timeout on the Slave

Posted by "damian.pawski" <dp...@gmail.com>.
Updating the TIME_WAIT on the server seems to fixed the issue as per
https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Server_Application_Monitor_(SAM)/Knowledgebase_Articles/Application_monitor_using_port_443_periodically_goes_down

Thank you
Damian