Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by anand nalya <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 14:11:45 UTC

HBase unknown table problem

Hi,

I've created a table in HBase. After restarting it, in hbase shell, list is
showing the table but when I try to scan that table, it says, table not
found.

HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell
Version 0.94.5, r1443843, Fri Feb  8 05:51:25 UTC 2013

hbase(main):001:0> list
TABLE

ipdr

1 row(s) in 0.3150 seconds

hbase(main):002:0> scan 'ipdr'
ROW
COLUMN+CELL

ERROR: Unknown table ipdr!

I'm not getting what could be the reason for this.

Regards,
Anand

Re: HBase unknown table problem

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Also, what do you have in the master an RS UIs? Can you see the table,
the RSs attached to the Master, etc.?

Can you also run a hbck to see if everyhing is correct?

JM

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anand,