Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 07:21:38 UTC

Re: Completing AMQP

I have updated the AMQP transport code to work with the latest on Qpid
trunk.
Still need to fix a few issues and add an example. Will take care of that
tomorrow evening.
I will put the new Qpid maven jars into my private repo, and then Asankha
could move them to the wso2 repo later.
Asankha if I manage to wrap up the stuff by tomorrow night, will it be
possible to push this into the release branch? How much time would I have
before you guys do a code freeze?

Regards,

Rajith.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Completing AMQP

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ruwan and Asankha,

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Rajith
>
> If you are able to complete the changes by Friday, I am ok to let them into
> the 1.2 release, provided the changes are local to the transports module
> (and not to the core). Also an example would be nice to have..

The plan is to finish the remaning items tonight. All changes are local to
the transport.

> If we can depend on a final release of QPid than on a private build, that
> would be much better. I personally would prefer to call AMQP support
> 'experimental' until such time we depend on a stable release of QPid, and we
> have tested Synapse with all the common scenarios to be comfortable.

This will be based on a private build. The next M3 release is about 2-3
months away.
We should definitely call this experimental and not production ready.
That is one reason I was dragging my foot about completing the transport.
But talking to paul I agreed that having an experimental transport will give
folks a chance to play with the explicit understanding that things may
change a bit and is not production quality.

The Qpid code on trunk is at a feature complete stage for the 0-10 final
work.
We are now concentrating on testing/performance enhancements in the comming
weeks.
I hope to update the trunk with another private build about 3-4 weeks from
now.

Regards,

Rajith.

> asankha
>
> Ruwan Linton wrote:
>
> Rajith,
>
> We were planing to do the code freeze on Friday. If you can finish off the
> work by the end of Friday your time that should be OK. Anyway is there a
> proper release of Qpid that Synapse can depend on, or are you planing to
> host a private build? I hope you will be able to submit the sample as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have updated the AMQP transport code to work with the latest on Qpid
>> trunk.
>> Still need to fix a few issues and add an example. Will take care of that
>> tomorrow evening.
>> I will put the new Qpid maven jars into my private repo, and then Asankha
>> could move them to the wso2 repo later.
>> Asankha if I manage to wrap up the stuff by tomorrow night, will it be
>> possible to push this into the release branch? How much time would I have
>> before you guys do a code freeze?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith.

Rajith Attapattu