Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/13 07:28:15 UTC

jaxrpc ejb web services support in Geronimo

Hi folks,

I'm working on getting jaxrpc ejb support working again in Geronimo.
I believe I have everything setup ok in Geronimo and now I'm running
into the following problems in OpenEJB:

1) In org.apache.openejb.core.stateless.StatelessContainer the
isWebServiceCall() function returns false because the
deployment.getServiceEndpointInterface() function returns null. But I
think the getServiceEndpointInterfaceName() returns a non null value
(service endpoint interface is set in the DD).

2) If 1) is fixed then I see
org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.ReflectionInvocationContext.proceed()
function raise "Parameters have not been set" exception. The the
jaxrpc interceptor (in
org.apache.openejb.server.axis.EjbContainerProvider) is supposed to
set the parameters but the parameters check in
ReflectionInvocationContext.proceed() is done before the interceptors
are invoked.

3) And if 2) if fixed then the jaxrpc interceptor is not getting
invoked at all. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

I have a test case in Geronimo code base to test this integration (in
'testsuite/webservices-testsuite/jaxrpc-tests/jaxrpc-ejb" directory).
Both
"testInvocation" and "testWSDL" tests should pass (the "testEJB" test
case always fails so can be ignored for now).

I would appreciate if somebody could fix or take a closer look at
these problems.

Let me know if you have any questions, etc.

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: Web Service Provider and OpenEJB integration (was: Re: jaxrpc ejb web services support in Geronimo)

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Jacek,

First of all, thanks a lot! Everything looks and works well for me
except one little issue with the test case (it did not get updated
properly). I reopened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-569 and added a new
patch for the test case.

Dzienki jeszcze raz,
Jarek

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 4/24/07, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone please review, comment or commit these patches?

Witaj Jarek!

I'm not familiar with ws bits, but will gladly review it to get more
insights on how it works.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Web Service Provider and OpenEJB integration (was: Re: jaxrpc ejb web services support in Geronimo)

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.