Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tomislav <zi...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 15:12:27 UTC

JUnit issues with report listeners

Hello,

I'm having problems with collecting the results of the JUnit requests. The
issues are with the summary/aggregate report.
For HTTP requests, these listeners will create new line for each HTML and
measure the time.

For JUnit requests, that seems not to be the case. I have a flow of three test
cases, all of which with several methods that are tested. It seemed logical to
create Simple Controller (not necessary, though...) under which I'd add JUnit
requests for each method to be tested for that specific test case.
The problem is that these report listeners calculate/measure response for all
the JUnit requests in single line: that is, all responses of all methods in all
test cases are measured and summed up in a single line of the report: there are
no averages for methods X, Y and Z separately in each own line, but all summed
up in a single line.

All that's left is to add report listener for EACH JUnit request, which seems
kinda silly... and wrong.

So, um, what am I doing wrong?

Tnx,
Tomislav

Re: JUnit issues with report listeners

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the functionality of the JUnit sampler is much more limited than using
jmeter HTTP requests. This is because of the design of JUnit.  Since JUnit
basically considers a test method as 1 unit, it's hard to get more detail
than that.

your best chance is to use the http sampler instead if you need fine grain
details.

peter